In 1942, a mission known as Shiloh COGIC was birthed on the 1400 block of North Fourth Street in Harrisburg, PA. The founder of this church was affectionately known as Brother Mack Rucker.

Between the years of 1946 and 1951 the church experienced several moves until it finally settled on the 400 block of Herr Street. During that transition period the work was joined by Elder W.M. Garrett who labored alongside Elder Rucker as the congregation continued to grow.

God birthed in both men a desire to build the Lord a House of worship. In 1961, ground was broken at 15th and Forster for the building of a new edifice. However, these dedicated servants would not see their God given vision realized, and by 1964 Pastor Garrett and Deacon Board Chairman Luther Jenkins went home to be with the Lord.

The Saints carried on the work of the Lord under the interim stewardship of Sis. Minnie Jenkins until November 1964, when God sent Elder Carl E. Hines, Jr. of Reading, Pennsylvania to lead, feed, and guide his people. At his coming, the construction of the building was at a standstill. He mobilized and energized the people to complete the task that was set before them, and on June 21, 1970 the initial service was held.

Under the dynamic leadership of Pastor Hines the congregation would grow at a rapid rate. By the early 1990’s there was a need to expand and accommodate those that the Lord was continuing to send to the church. After several unsuccessful attempts of receiving clearance by the city to expand the church facility, the ministry purchased 6.5 acres in Swatara Township. On July 23, 1998 a groundbreaking service was held on the site 5950 Derry Street. Sixteen months later in November of 1999 the first service was held with a capacity crowd in attendance.

During the next 6 years Pastor Carl E. Hines Jr. would preach, teach, mentor, and inspire the people of God to be all that the Lord wants us to be. On Sunday, January 15, 2006, after 41 years of faithful labor, God saw fit to call him home.

On Sunday November 26, 2006, Bishop Benjamin J. Ravenel, Sr., Jurisdictional Prelate of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania made the appointment of Elder Kevin L. Scott as the Pastor of Shiloh. Prior to this appointment, Pastor Scott served faithfully under the leadership of the late Elder Carl E. Hines, Jr. for more than 31 years as his Assistant Pastor.